Opd appointments with our consultants should be made at the Opd Registration counter on the ground floor near the hospital’s main entrance.
- Registration will start for morning clinics at 6.30 A.M. and for afternoon clinics at 11.00 A.M.
- Registration will stop 30 mins before closing time of the consultant’s Opd clinic.
- Number of patients to be seen by a consultant may be restricted from time to time.
- For inquiries, Call the help desk: 0481-2562240/39
In case revisit, patients are requested to make use of advance Booking facility
For OP Appointments
Please contact us on 0481-2562239/2562240/2560772/2560774
The front office staff at the reception will assist you during the admission process. They will generate a Unique Identification Number (UID) for the patient and all the medical records will be maintained and stored by the hospital for all future reference. They will also draw out an estimate and guide you for selecting the relevant category of room.
In addition, you will be required to make an advance payment. The advance shall be adjusted against the final bill at the time of discharge. Those seeking the cashless route would have to visit the insurance desk / TPA desk for the hospitalisation of the patient. The staff will escort the patient to the allotted room/bed and make you feel comfortable.
Your nurse will assist you in the discharge process which may take few hours to complete the process. Once your final bill is generated, you are expected to clear your dues by paying cash or by a credit/debit card. The nurse will hand over your discharge summary and she will also explain the medications you need to continue after your discharge and any other follow-up instructions. In case you need a medical ambulance to drop you at your home, then please inform your nurse and she will make the necessary arrangement.
For the patient who got discharged in the morning, bills will be ready after 11am, and for whom in the afternoon the bills will be ready after 4pm.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Guidelines for Visitors
We value your family and friends and recognise that they are an important part of your recovery process.
- For the comfort of all our patients, we request you to limit your visitors during visiting hours.
- People with fever, cold sores, cough, nasal drainage, colds, diarrhea, or any contagious disease should not visit patients.
- Please note that visitors may be restricted according to a patient’s medical condition and/or special needs.
- At the time of admission, you will be issued passes for attendants and visitors. Please request your attendant and visitors to show these passes to the security at the entrance/in lift.
- Visiting Time : 6.00 am to 8.00 pm, 12.00pm to 2.00 pm, 4.00 pm to 7.00 pm (Visitors arriving after the allotted time are requested to get the pass from the information desk to avoid inconvenience at the entrance.)
- Due to confidentiality, visitors may be asked to leave the room during tests or treatments or when doctor/nurses consult with a patient
- For safety reasons, visitation may be limited when the patient is in isolation precautions
- Sanitise hands before and after visiting.
- Please cooperative and obey with the instructions given by the hospital staff.
Your stay with us is always valued